· Can I run 4 volt outputs into 1 volt inputs?
Yes, no problem. You can also run 1-volt outputs into 4-volt inputs.
The Rio Car has a plethora of plugs on the back:
When mixing components, in most instances, it's perfectly fine to plug a 4-volt output into a 1-volt input, and vice-versa.
- On the unit itself, there is a pair of line-level home audio outputs. These are 1-volt.
- On the car docking sleeve, there are six line-level connectors. A pair of front outputs, a pair of rear outputs, and a pair of auxiliary inputs.
- The docking sled auxiliary inputs are 1-volt.
- The front and rear docking sled outputs are 4-volt.
For example, if you want to route the Rio Car's audio into the "Aux In" on a CD player, it should be fine to put the car sled's 4v front outputs into the CD player's inputs, even if the CD player is designed to accept 1v.
The only difference you'll probably hear between the two is overall volume level. Simply adjust the volume (and/or input gain) on the components involved until everything sounds right.